A year after it was removed from LCBO, $2M in U.S. booze is expiring | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] A year after Ontario Premier Doug Ford ordered the LCBO to remove all products made in the United States, the government says roughly $2 million worth of booze has gone to waste. On March 4, 2025, in response to the first round of tariffs levied by U.S. President Donald Trump, American alcohol was officially […]
Toronto-Quebec City high-speed rail project running into rural opposition | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] By Christopher Reynolds The Canadian Press Posted March 4, 2026 8:23 am 1 min read Descrease article font size Increase article font size A proposed high-speed rail line between Toronto and Quebec City is facing growing opposition from some rural Ontarians and Quebecers. A grassroots coalition of farmers, small-town residents and municipal councillors say the corridor […]
Ontario students plan demonstration over Ford government’s OSAP changes | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] After the Ford government made sweeping changes to how student loans in Ontario operate, disgruntled students are planning to rally at Queen’s Park on Wednesday. Students are organizing a “hands off our education” protest at the legislature beginning around 12 p.m., focusing frustration on the province’s decision to allow tuition fee increases and shifting […]
Toronto convention centre could be piece of Ontario Place puzzle, Ford hints | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] Premier Doug Ford is hinting that his idea for a brand new convention centre will be located near Ontario Place, promising an announcement once he has co-ordinated with other levels of government. The premier recently declared the Metro Toronto Convention Centre was “one of the worst” in the world and said he would spend […]
Ring of Fire roads to be complete by 2031, ahead of schedule: Ford | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] Construction on the roads to the Ring of Fire in northern Ontario should start this year and be completed by 2031, the province announced Monday about a project that has divided several First Nations. Premier Doug Ford said construction will begin in June and finish several years ahead of schedule, though the province had […]
Ontario, N.S. sign agreement to sell alcohol across provincial borders | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] Descrease article font size Increase article font size Ontario and Nova Scotia have signed an agreement that will let residents in both provinces buy alcohol directly from local producers in either jurisdiction. The new deal flows from a broader framework agreed to by several provinces last year to try to reduce or do away […]
More young men contacting Ontario gambling helpline, new study finds | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] The rate of young men contacting Ontario’s mental health helpline for gambling-related problems has increased by more than 300 per cent after the province allowed private online gambling, a new study suggests. The researchers behind the study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal on Monday say the findings represent a need for stronger […]
Moving metrics: How the Ford government pulled back reporting its successes and failures | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] A suite of provincial targets and data points used by the public to measure the success of the Ford government appears to have been gradually pulled back or eliminated by the Progressive Conservatives — a trend that critics suggest is a deliberate strategy to frustrate accountability, but one that the premier’s office denies Targets, […]
Premier wants to see ‘gold mine’ airport in downtown Toronto expanded for jets | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] After unveiling the latest renderings for Ontario Place and blasting the Metro Toronto Convention Centre as “one of the worst” in the world, Premier Doug Ford appears to be turning his efforts to the city’s downtown airport. Speaking at an event with the Toronto Region Board of Trade on Thursday evening, Ford said he’d […]
Ford government spends further $1.7M advertising its plans for Ontario Place | Globalnews.ca
[ad_1] A recent provincial advertising campaign to “let people know” about the redevelopment of Ontario Place cost more than $1.7 million, money one critic says the Ford government is “flushing down the drain.” The campaign was launched at the end of August last year and ran until mid-December, promoting the government’s plans to relocate the […]