Manchester United handed boost after injury worry vs West Ham


Harry Maguire was replaced by Leny Yoro in the draw with West Ham after appearing to pick up a knock earlier in the contest.

Harry Maguire took part in Manchester United’s latest training session at Carrington, alleviating fears he had picked up an injury in the draw with West Ham on Tuesday. Maguire looked to have picked up a hamstring injury in the first half at the London Stadium. The centre-back was seen holding the back of his leg following a tangle with El Hadji Malick Diouf.

Maguire played on but was replaced by Leny Yoro shortly before the 70-minute mark, leading to speculation that the defender might have been feeling the effects of the challenge. However, he took part in the latest training session at Carrington and does not appear to have picked up a knock.

The draw with West Ham saw Maguire start his fifth consecutive game for United since returning from a thigh injury last month. The England international has been a regular since Michael Carrick took charge of the club and has been key to United’s upturn in form. United have recorded as many clean sheets since Carrick took charge last month as they had managed in their previous 23 games.

FOLLOW OUR MAN UNITED FACEBOOK PAGE! Latest news and analysis via the MEN’s Manchester United Facebook page

Maguire has already missed two months of the season through injury and had struggled to cement his place in former manager Ruben Amorim’s plan prior to his sacking. The 32-year-old has started just nine Premier League games this term as he bids to convince the club that he should be offered a new contract.

Ensure our latest sport headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as a Preferred Source in your Google search settings


De Ligt, Mount, Dorgu – Man Utd injury latest and predicted return dates


Michael Carrick’s Manchester United will target fourth successive win when Tottenham head to Old Trafford in the Premier League on Saturday lunchtime.

Manchester United are expected be without at least three first-team players for Saturday lunchtime’s Premier League showdown against Tottenham. Michael Carrick’s side host Spurs at Old Trafford looking to make it four successive victories after beating Manchester City, Arsenal and Fulham.

It’s a run of form that has seen United move up to fourth place in the Premier League table, just five points behind third-placed Aston Villa and six adrift of City in second. But the Reds are aware that failure to beat Spurs could see them drop to as low as sixth position with Chelsea and arch rivals Liverpool close behind them.

With Tottenham winless in six top-flight matches, however, United are going to no doubt be confident of securing yet another important victory. This is despite the Reds still having some players not available.

Here, we take a closer look at the United treatment table;

FOLLOW OUR MANCHESTER UNITED FB PAGE! Latest news and analysis via the MEN’s Manchester United Facebook page

Matthijs de Ligt

Matthijs de Ligt has missed the last 12 matches due to a back problem. He is not expected to be available to face Tottenham, either, with Carrick confirming that it is “a little bit too soon at the moment.”

A return for De Ligt is anticipated at some point in February.

“Matta [De Ligt], he’s working his way back, taking good steps and improving,” Carrick said on Thursday. “It’s a little bit too soon at the moment but, hopefully, it won’t be too long [before De Ligt is back].”

Potential return date: Late February 2026

Mason Mount

Mason Mount missed out against Fulham last time out, due to a knock that he suffered in training. The England international is a major doubt to face Tottenham.

“Probably, Mason [will be available] sooner [than De Ligt],” Carrick said on Thursday. “He’s not too far away really. We’re hopeful it won’t be too long.”

Potential return date: Tuesday, February 10 – West Ham (A)

Patrick Dorgu

Patrick Dorgu had been in inspired form for United before injuring his hamstring injury against Arsenal – and now the Denmark international is facing at least another two months on the side-lines.

“Pat, unfortunately, he’s going to be out for a period of time. We’re still working through how long that’s going to be,” Carrick said last Friday. We’ll have to see, it’s disappointing, he’s had such a big couple of weeks, Pat.

“We weren’t sure whether it was a little bit of cramp or whether it was something a little bit more serious and, at the moment, it looks a little bit more on the serious note.

“So, it’ll be a few weeks for that. How many weeks? We’ll have to wait and see. So, that’s disappointing for all of us really, and for Pat, he’s in such a good place but, unfortunately, it is part of football and it’s something we’ve got to work through and get him back as soon as we can.”

Possible return date: April 2026