Chiefs’ Marquise Brown reveals receiving message from Rondale Moore hours before his death: ‘Ain’t no way’


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

This story discusses suicide. If you or someone you know is having thoughts of suicide, please contact the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988 or 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

The NFL community continues to mourn the death of wide receiver Rondale Moore, who was found dead at his Indiana home on Saturday night, officials said. 

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Marquise “Hollywood” Brown was among those who couldn’t believe the news, and he revealed he had just spoken with Moore not hours before he was discovered with a suspected self-inflicted gunshot wound in a garage.

As tributes poured in on social media for Moore, Brown said that he received a message from his fellow receiver earlier on Saturday. 

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Chiefs’ Marquise Brown reveals receiving message from Rondale Moore hours before his death: ‘Ain’t no way’

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Hollywood Brown (5) against the Buffalo Bills in the AFC Championship game at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.  (Mark J. Rebilas-Imagn Images)

“Bro ain’t no way brotha you just messaged me [a] few hours ago,” Brown wrote on X. Brown posted another tweet saying, “You wasn’t alone bro… I told you I know how you feel.”

Brown also reposted tributes from other NFL players like Raheem Mostert, Elijah Moore, Jamal Adams and others. 

He even shared a text thread that he had with Moore, where he shared words of encouragement after the receiver suffered another season-ending injury. He had dealt with one in 2024, and during the Minnesota Vikings’ first preseason game of 2025, Moore tore his ACL on Aug. 9, 2025. 

NFL WIDE RECEIVER RONDALE MOORE DEAD AT 25

“Praying for you brother,” Brown wrote to Moore with a praying hands emoji, “sometimes in life when stuff don’t go as planned as frustrating as it may be have to always remember God is in control, his plan will always prevail all we can do is trust him and always remember someone has it worse. I’m here if you ever need to talk bro I know how s— feel it sucks dawg but knowing you, you built for this don’t give up [flexed arm emoji.”

New Albany police chief Todd Bailey broke the news that Moore was found in a garage with a suspected self-inflicted gunshot wound. The death remains under investigation.

Rondale Moore looks on

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Rondale Moore (4) before the game against the Los Angeles Rams at SoFi Stadium on Oct. 15, 2023.  (Kyle Terada/USA TODAY Sports)

Floyd County Coroner Matthew Tomlin also confirmed Moore’s death. He said an autopsy would take place on Sunday. 

Moore entered the NFL as an Arizona Cardinals pick in the 2021 NFL Draft after starring at Purdue. He played three seasons with the Cardinals before he was traded to the Atlanta Falcons in 2024. However, a season-ending injury cut his time short in Atlanta.

“Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with his family, friends, teammates, and everyone who loved him and had the privilege of knowing such a special person,” the Cardinals said in a statement.

He would join the Vikings before the start of last season, but that injury in August didn’t allow him to get a shot at making the roster for that season.

Rondale Moore and Hollywood Brown side by side

Chiefs receiver Hollywood Brown revealed Rondale Moore messaged him just hours before his death on Saturday night. (GETTY)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP 

“I am devastated by the news of Rondale’s death. While Rondale had been a member of the Vikings for a short time, he was someone we came to know well and care about deeply,” Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell said in a statement. “He was a humble, soft-spoken, and respectful young man who was proud of his Indiana roots.

“As a player, he was disciplined, dedicated and resilient despite facing adversity multiple times as injuries sidelined him throughout his career. We are all heartbroken by the fact he won’t continue to live out his NFL dream and we won’t all have a chance to watch him flourish.”

Fox News’ Ryan Gaydos and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.




USA beat Canada to win men’s Olympic ice hockey gold


USA beat Canada to win men’s Olympic ice hockey gold

Team USA poses for a group photo after defeating Canada in the men’s ice hockey gold medal game at the 2026 Winter Olympics, in Milan, Italy, Sunday, Feb. 22, 2026.
| Photo Credit: AP

The United States won men’s ice hockey gold at the Winter Olympics for the first time in 46 years as Jack Hughes’ overtime goal gave them a 2-1 win over Canada on Sunday (February 22, 2026).

Hughes’ strike 1min 41sec into overtime handed the US men their first Olympic triumph since the 1980 ‘Miracle on Ice’ win over the Soviet Union in Lake Placid.

U.S. President Donald Trump was quick to congratulate the gold medallists.

“Congratulations to our great U.S.A. Ice Hockey team. THEY WON THE GOLD. WOW!” he said on Truth Social, adding: “WHAT A GAME!”

The tone for the high-stakes clash was set early on when the Americans were booed when they came out for the warm-up at the Santagiulia Arena by a crowd that appeared to be two-thirds Canadian.

But chants of “USA, USA” soon rang out and they got louder when Matt Boldy gave the Americans a 1-0 lead in the first period.

Boldy skilfully evaded the challenge of a pair of Canadian defenders and scored past goaltender Jordan Binnington.

Having stopped the first 24 shots he faced, USA goaltender Connor Hellebuyck was finally beaten in the second period by Cale Makar’s wrist shot that squeezed over his pad and into the back of the net.

The Americans came close to re-taking the lead at the end of the second period when Brock Faber’s slap shot deflected off both posts but somehow didn’t go in.

Once the game went into the three-on-three overtime, Hughes applied the golden touch to send his teammates and the US supporters into raptures.

After they won, the American players skated around the rink holding up a jersey with the name Gaudreau and the number 13 on the back in memory of former NHL player Johnny Gaudreau, who was killed in August 2024 along with his brother Matthew by a drunk driver while cycling in New Jersey.

Finland, the champions in Beijing four years ago, won the bronze medal on Saturday by thrashing Slovakia 6-1.


Canadians urged to shelter in place in Mexican state amid violence – National | Globalnews.ca


Canadians in Puerto Vallarta are being asked to shelter in place as the Canadian government warns violence is escalating in Mexico’s Jalisco state.

Canadians urged to shelter in place in Mexican state amid violence – National | Globalnews.ca

Global Affairs Canada issued a notice on its travel advisory page for Mexico on Sunday, warning of violence and roadblocks in the region.

“Criminal groups have set up roadblocks with burning vehicles in several cities in Jalisco State, including in Puerto Vallarta. There have been shootouts with security forces and explosions,” said the notice.

It goes on to say a shelter in place order is in effect in Puerto Vallarta, with all taxi and rideshare services suspended.

Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

Get daily National news

Get the day’s top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

Air Canada said in a post on X that it has temporarily suspended operations Sunday to the Puerto Vallarta airport due to an ongoing situation.

A spokesperson for WestJet said it’s carefully monitoring the situation and has diverted seven flights enroute to Puerto Vallarta. It has also cancelled 24 additional flights to and from Puerto Vallarta, Guadalajara, and Manzanillo.

Story continues below advertisement

WestJet added it’s put its flexible/change policy in effect for guests travelling to these cities in the next two days. The airline, as well as Sunwing, are arranging extended stays for guests already at these locations.

Jalisco state Gov. Pablo Lemus Navarro said in a post on social media that federal forces carried out an operation in Tapalpa early Sunday morning, leading to clashes in the area.

Navarro said he had given the order to activate a code red.

He said vehicles have been burned and blocked in some places to hinder the actions of authorities.

People in the state are urged to keep a low profile, follow the advice of local authorities, and monitor local and international media to stay informed, Global Affairs Canada says.

with files from The Associated Press


&copy 2026 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.


Pundits warn Tottenham are in real danger of relegation after dire derby performance


Former Liverpool midfielder Jamie Redknapp has warned that Tottenham Hotspur are in serious danger of relegation after the team’s embarrassing 4-1 defeat at the hands of rivals Arsenal.

New manager Igor Tudor took charge of his first game as Spurs boss but it ended in a damaging defeat at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, with Viktor Gyokeres and Eberechi Eze both scoring a brace to restore the Gunners to a five-point lead at the top of the Premier League.

And while Spurs briefly fought back to go level at half-time, the subsequent collapse and lack of threat in the second half will be cause for concern for Tudor, with the club now in 16th and in real danger of being dragged into a relegation battle.

Speaking on Sky Sports after the full-time whistle, Redknapp called the game “a complete mismatch”, adding that Spurs could be relegated if they aren’t careful.

”They [Arsenal] were so much better than Tottenham, it was like two different leagues. If Tottenham aren’t careful, they might be in a different league.

“They cannot keep performing like this. They’ve not had a win in 2026,” added the former England midfielder.

As mentioned by Redknapp, Tottenham are without a win in the league in 2026, while they have also exited the FA Cup at the hands of Aston Villa.

And though they have advanced to the knockout rounds of the Champions League, that will be of little consolation to a side that has four draws and five losses in nine league games in 2026.

Pundits warn Tottenham are in real danger of relegation after dire derby performance

Spurs sit in 16th in the league, just four points ahead of West Ham in 18th (Action Images via Reuters)

But while the threat of relegation looms over the club, new manager Igor Tudor emphasised his confidence in Spurs escaping the drop, explaining that “these are good players with bad habits”.

“They are good players, nobody can tell me they don’t have quality. We need to change [a] mental switch and have this mental sharpness to be in the game in the first to second minutes,” added the Croatian.

The result leaves Tottenham in 16th after 28 games, just four points ahead of 18th-placed West Ham with 10 games remaining, and Tudor’s side will face Fulham in the league next week before a string of potentially tricky matches against Crystal Palace, Liverpool and Nottingham Forest.


Noted hockey authors face off at Halifax event


  • 2 hours ago
  • News
  • Duration 1:31

The real and fictional worlds of hockey crossed paths on Saturday in Halifax. Rick Westhead, the author of a new book examining Canada’s troubled hockey culture, sat down for a conversation with Rachel Reid, the author of the fictional books behind the wildly popular television series, Heated Rivalry.


‘Everything is shut down’: Winnipegger in Puerto Vallarta says eruption of violence highly serious | CBC News


‘Everything is shut down’: Winnipegger in Puerto Vallarta says eruption of violence highly serious | CBC News

Listen to this article

Estimated 2 minutes

The audio version of this article is generated by AI-based technology. Mispronunciations can occur. We are working with our partners to continually review and improve the results.

A Manitoban is sheltering at a restaurant in the Mexican city of Puerto Vallarta amid a sudden eruption of violence Sunday afternoon.

Global Affairs Canada has issued a travel advisory for the coastal city west of Mexico City and other parts of the Mexican state of Jalisco, saying there is a shelter-in-place order in the coastal resort city.

Jalisco Gov. Pablo Lemus Navarro said on social media the violence was triggered by a federal operation earlier that day in the municipality of Tapalpa, more than 100 kilometres southeast of Puerto Vallarta.

Manitoban Lorenzo Dufrane told CBC News he was checking out of his hotel when he noticed the commotion.

“The maids were coming in and they were crying,” he said.

“We get in our Uber and then in our Uber we had to keep … turning all these corners and stuff because in the distance we’d see cars and buses on fire.”

Navarro said people had set up road blocks and burned vehicles to halt government authorities. Public transport would be suspended until the situation was under control, he said.

Dufrane said he could see men on motorcycles armed with machine guns.

The Uber driver “was like, ‘No! Everything is shut down. The airport is shut down. We can’t drive you there,'” he said. “Everyone’s been kind of waved off the street.”

Dufrane said he was sheltering inside a restaurant with about 11 other people, mostly locals.

Flights between Winnipeg and Puerto Vallarta have been cancelled amid the surge in violence, including a WestJet flight to Puerto Vallarta set to depart from Richardson Airport on Sunday afternoon.

Two flights that were to arrive Sunday evening and early Monday morning currently show as cancelled.


Old Firm ‘buckle under pressure’ as incredible title race twists again


It is no secret things are far from rosy at Parkhead, with fan protests during almost every home match.

O’Neill is in charge until the end of the season – his second interim spell in this chaotic campaign – and cracks are starting to appear despite the Northern Irishman’s legendary status at the club.

Supporters continue to demand boardroom change, there are obvious holes in O’Neill’s squad and they have now lost seven league matches. That’s as many as they lost in the previous two seasons combined.

Celtic fell behind to Felix Passlack’s header and rallied to equalise through Benjamin Nygren’s 18th goal of the season, but went down to 10 men when centre-back Auston Trusty was sent off for violent conduct.

Kai Andrews fired in a late winner for Hibs, making it successive defeats for Celtic after Thursday’s Europa League reverse against Stuttgart.

“It’s a setback, that’s all it is,” O’Neill said. “We’re still in the race.

“I thought we were absolutely terrific. The players put heart and soul into the game. No complaints on that side whatsoever.

“We’ve been chasing for months now. There’s not much room for error but we can still fight back. The players are disappointed but it’s not over.”

Despite O’Neill’s defence of his players, others were less complimentary.

“It all changed with Trusty’s sending off,” Bonner said. “Hibs handled the game very well after that.

“Celtic couldn’t get any momentum and it’s a brilliant goal from Kai Andrews. Celtic didn’t create anything. They ran out of luck.”

O’Neill brought in Tomas Cvancara, Junior Adamu and Joel Mvuka to bolster his attacking options in January, but Adamu was an unused substitute against Hibs and Mvuka wasn’t in the matchday squad.

“Without doubt, there is a lack of cutting edge at Celtic,” Stewart said.

“What’s up with Adamu? They need a goal and they put on [Daizen] Maeda, who is nowhere near the levels he was at before.”


Violence erupts in Mexico after cartel leader’s death. Canadians told to shelter in place in Puerto Vallarta | CBC


Details of Mexico’s military operation

According to a statement by Mexico’s Secretariat of National Defense, the operation was planned and executed by special forces of the Mexican army.

The release, posted on the Mexican embassy in the U.S. X account, said that during the operation, Mexican military personnel were attacked, “and in defense of their physical integrity, they repelled the aggression.”

It said that four members of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel were killed at the scene, while three others, who were severely wounded, lost their lives during their airlift to Mexico City. That included Mexican drug lord “El ​Mencho.”

As well, two other members of the cartel were arrested, and various weapons and armoured vehicles were seized, including rocket launchers capable of shooting down aircraft and destroying armoured vehicles, the release said.

The release added that “complementary information was provided by U.S. authorities” to help in the operation.